We encourage you to consider becoming an STMA member. The annual membership dues covers the company. Your key staff would all be considered members, and welcome to attend our meetings and events. STMA now has 150 member companies.
STMA hosts 8 monthly member luncheon meetings/year, on 4th Tuesday of the month.
Average attendance: 95.
Location: McAllen Country Club.
Cost: $25 per person
We send our members meeting invitations by email, and ask that you confirm your attendance no later than noon on the Friday before the meeting. (Ensures we have adequate food and seating.)
Luncheons update attendees about industry developments, and provide informative programs
Please refer to our “Networking & Solicitations” guide and ensure attendees are familiar with it.
Recent Meeting Program Topics:
- United Launch Alliance– Provided an overview of their Harlingen facility and operations, where they have built rockets for over 25 years.
- LNG Project Overview- Three energy companies planning to construct LNG Export facilities in Brownsville, provided an overview of their projects and addressed environmental concerns.
- Engineering for Kids and Enginuity- STEM camps, robotics programs in elementary schools.
- Pharr Bridge- presentation on traffic trends, recent and planned infrastructure improvements.
- OSHA– Overview of federal workplace safety rules, inspection process, business requirements.
- FIRST Robotics High School Competitions– robotic demonstrations from top two RGV teams.
- April 2016: Port of Brownsville– Port improvements, industrial projects, freight opportunities.
- May 2016: Mexico Cartel update- Regional head of Drug Enforcement Administration provides annual update on status of various cartels in Mexico, and related security issues.
STMA relies primarily on your membership dues to support our efforts. We are a 501c6 non-profit Trade Association dedicated to leading and strengthening the industry in the RGV. We partner with area Colleges, K-12 Districts, Economic Development Corporations, and Workforce Boards. We collaborate with Legislators, Trade Associations, and both the state and national Associations of Manufacturers to support our industry. We serve as a critically important information resource for our member companies.
Past and Present STMA Accomplishments:
- Texas Energy & Trucking Deregulation
- Workers Compensation Law & Lawsuit Abuse Reform
- Freeport Tax Exemptions- tax exemption on mfg-related inventory
- Helped secure over $10 million of state and federal grant and job training funding
- Created scholarship fund in 2015 for STC Advanced Manufacturing Technology students
- Assist economic development organizations to recruit new companies to the RGV
- Conduct biannual wage & benefit surveys for the RGV manufacturing sector
- Conduct a biannual talent needs survey to identify industry trends and future workforce needs
- Attend career fairs to educate youth on opportunities in the industry
- Support for STEM initiatives and robotics camps in public schools in the region